Saturday, November 5, 2011

Money Matters

A few weeks ago, my friend and I attended a seminar about investing in the Philippine stock market. I was a bit hesitant at first about stock trading since I find it too slow compared with my current investing strategy where I get to invest directly on the business and not with a publicly listed company. I can still remember the time I got my first stock certificate, I was so excited but consistently reminded myself that investing is not an emotional thing. Trading in the stock market was not an immediate step I plan to take but has always been considered as an option. Maybe why I've always wanted to attend a seminar about stock market investing because I always welcome new ideas. I am a firm believer that money matters and the more we openly discuss about it, then we all stand to have a better chance to getting that financial freedom. It's also good to look at other alternatives like Forex trading and penny stocks if you don't have much money to put like that of Tim Sykes penny stocks. 

How Do You Invest?

My idea of investing started after I read the book Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki when I was 22 years old. My first investment was for my health insurance but it was a different kind of health plan, then I invested for my pension plan. So my first two major investments were basically insurance, for security and protection purposes. Now I take more calculated risk, currently in constant partnership with other relatives in doing business with health related stuff as well as real estate. I still have a longer way to go but it feels good to have started early and in believing in delayed gratification. But if when I decided to put some money on the stock market, I would be surely aiming for green stocks. Why? Watch this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...